This was a pretty laid back year for Christmas activities. To summarize:
- We spent Christmas Eve with my family. Brian’s mom and dad were also in attendance. After those festivities were done, we went to an overly long Christmas Eve service at our church, then came home and got things ready for Christmas morning.
- Christmas Day was spent with Brian’s family. It was a pretty quiet affair, with just Brian’s parents and our niece.
- On the 28th, we went to a Christmas party at a friend’s house. It was pretty raucous–lots of people, lots of kids. It’s the same place we went for a Halloween party in October. Surprisingly, there was even more food at the Christmas party and all of it was great. Unfortunately, Jake was not in attendance as he was visiting his cousins in NY.
- Last night, my parents came over for a Christmas visit.
- And, to conclude Christmas, we met Judy for drinks (and our annual exchange of gifts) at The Boulevard this evening.
And, that should wrap things up until next year. Brian and I have been taking every other day off over the holidays so that Jake didn’t have to spend his time off at the office. Tomorrow is my day to work–those are my main New Year’s Eve plans. I guess it’s possible that we’ll go downtown to the Celebration Johnstown event tomorrow night, assuming I can drag myself out of the house. New Year’s Day will be spent in our usual manner–pork and sauerkraut for lunch (and champagne), a nap on the couch, and then the putting away of the Christmas decorations.