Sunday, July 6

garden pond: step 1

On Friday, we stared the garden pond project. The first step was to lay out the perimeter. We went with a kidney shape and the pond is approximately 8x10. Originally we were thinking 6x8, but that proved to be too small.

Brian made a lot of progress digging the area out over the course of the weekend, but we found out today that the pond is not quite level, so he has some more work to do tomorrow. Unfortunately for him, his line level was at the office and we didn't get it until today, otherwise he'd be done digging by now. But, it really shouldn't take that long to finish the digging. I'm hoping to have this project wrapped up by the end of the month. We have enough other stuff going on so I don't want to drag it out forever. The landscaping on the hillside might take a little longer--I'm not quite sure if I'm going to do all of it this year or finish it up next year (I'm going to play that by ear), but I fully expect the pond to be stocked with fish and plants within the next few weeks.

No comments: