Yesterday, while I was wetting the curing grout, I noticed that there were not one, not two, but three baseboard tiles that had hairline cracks in them. I don’t know how I missed that when I was installing them. But, those tiles had to come out. That ended up being the day’s “unplanned activity”. I thought their removal was going to be a royal pain in the ass, but it wasn’t too bad. The only problem is that I don’t have any more grout, so a trip to Home Depot is in order for tomorrow.
Now onto today’s regularly scheduled items: I primed part of the wall (the toilet area). Brian made a new access panel for the plumbing area, which enabled me to get Jacob’s room back in order. Brian also did some electrical work. Well, it was more like electrical planning. We ran one line, but didn’t hook anything up to it. After opening the switchplate cover that is currently in the bathroom, he took one look at it and decided to call in the big guns–his dad. So, Ed stopped by this evening and told Brian what needs to be done. Basically, what is currently there is crap. But, that’s ok because we were going to redo it anyway.
Tomorrow’s going to be a wash. After church and brunch, Brian has band practice. After that, the Steeler game is on (and this one is definitely going to be one to watch). With any luck, we’ll get an hour of work in. I guess that’s better than nothing.