This evening, I got to ride on the back of Brian's motorcycle for the first time. I can see why he enjoys riding so much--it was a lot of fun. I did learn a few things while on the back of his bike:
1. Riding a motorcycle is better than meditation (thoughts of hitting the pavement remove all other worries from your head)
2. Going 35 miles an hour feels like 60
3. Going 55 miles an hour feels like 100
4. It's probably more fun to be the driver
5. I'm obviously going to have arthritis in my knees and hips judging from the state I was in after the ride
6. Wind chill is definitely a factor
7. Wind chill with rain I could do without experiencing again
When we were first driving down the road, I thought to myself, "I'd probably enjoy this more if I were in driving." We all know what a control freak I am, so I guess that thought isn't surprising. I also think that I just don't like someone else having quite that much control over my destiny.
But, did I like it? Hell, yes. I'm already looking forward to the next ride.