Monday, July 30

progress edition: the office

We are in the process of finishing the basement at the office, in order to expand our office space. The first step was to have the basement windows replaced, which we paid a contractor to do. After this was done, we needed to paint around the windows. We decided to go with a darker color than the last time, so this necessitated all of the trim needing to be painted, which we completed this weekend. Of course, now the upstairs windows look like crap and I want them to be replaced. But, this won't happen until the basement is finished, so I guess I'll have to be patient.

Now that the windows are done, Brian was able to do some framing. The rooms are all partially framed because the basement was kind of finished before, but there's still a lot to do. He was able to finish the conference room framing on Saturday. Getting that room done is somewhat of a high priority because then we can use it for meetings, recording, etc.

I'm sure this project is going to take a while, but at least things are moving along now. I'd really like for the whole space to be usable (if not finished) by the end of the year, but who knows if we'll have the time and money to do that.

No comments: