I've been fretting about my sidecar's lighting for weeks. Never mind the fact that it took me forever to find lighting that I liked, I had no idea how it was going to get wired up. I read numerous articles on the subject, but still did not feel great going into the project.
However, once I took a look at how the previous lights were connected, it all became clear (I guess I should have done that earlier in the process). I got everything hooked up and working last night. So long as I don't blow any fuses, I'm good to go. Just in time for Thunder.
There are some other customizations I'd like to make, namely adding a sidecar headlamp and doing some upholstery work (including a removable seat for the dog), but that's probably enough work for the moment.