My sidecar's factory finish did not hold up very well. I'm sure the fact that it sits out in the elements all summer doesn't help the cause, but I don't think the factory finish was very high quality, either. I intended on getting it painted last fall. I found a guy who could do it for a reasonable rate and we were all set to have it done. But, the guy ended up hospitalized and then dying (from cancer) before we dropped it off, so it's been sitting in our family room ever since.
Fast forward to now. With motorcycle season right around the corner, this project became a little more pressing. We got some estimates this week and dropped the sidecar off at one of the places this morning. It should be done by the end of the month, which will be in plenty of time as we don't usually start riding until May. There are a bunch of other things I need to do (like upgrade the lighting and upholster the interior), so that will give me some time to sort these things out before the riding season. Though, it will probably take me all summer to accomplish everything I want to do, but at least the ball is rolling now.