As mentioned in my last post, I spent some time dividing perennials. Brian helped with some of the larger ones. My goal was to make the pond area symmetrical plant-wise. Mission accomplished. I originally tried doing a random planting thing there, but I'm not a random type of girl, so I just didn't like it. I think next year, I will be pleased with the results.
I'm also planning on moving my herb garden to the myrtle patch which is right outside of the kitchen door. For the past few years, each time I have to trek to the herb garden while cooking, I think "I should have put the herb garden where the myrtle patch is". So that's what I'm going to do. I will put a raised bed in the herb garden space and plant more veggies. It'll be a win-win. As for the myrtle, I'm going to put it around the plants in the pond area. I think it will look nice over there. I'm not sure if I'll have time to do this, this fall as we have a lot going on in October, but if I catch a break, I will do so. If not, I'll do it in early spring next year. These changes have another plus--they will greatly expand my herb garden (t will almost be doubling in size). I'm not sure that I need twice as many herbs, but that's what I will have.