Since I last wrote, I made another batch of marinara. This one was more of a veggie marinara as it included peppers and mushrooms. The tomatoes are coming to an end, though. I took out a couple plants this week as they were no longer producing (and mostly dead). I'll be getting a few more tomatoes, but it'll be coming to and end soon. I still need to make some oven-dried tomatoes and I have a bunch of San Marzanos ready for the picking for that task. I don't know if I'll make any more sauce. I'm not sure that I'll have enough for that (maybe a small batch).
I harvested all of the red potatoes last week. This is the most I've ever gotten. I still think I should be getting more, but I really don't know how much I should be getting. It seems like not enough potatoes for the area they take up (but they sure are delicious). Anyway, I've found the most success by making small furrows in the ground and putting the seed potatoes in them. Then I cover with straw. As the plants grow, I add more straw. At some point in the summer, I throw a load of compost on the straw (and add more straw if necessary). It seems to work for me.
I still need to freeze some basil. That is on the schedule for today. I hate doing that task, but I sure don't mind having "fresh" basil in the middle of the winter.