Friday, August 20
I saw this article on hypertufa pots in the Martha Stewart magazine and just had to make them. They were pretty easy to do. I did mess up the first set by not using "mold release spray" aka WD-40. It was tough getting the inner container out of the main one (I used soda cans rather than a paper carton, as shown in the directions), but I managed. I wanted to do three colors, like in the article, so I made the pots over the course of a couple of weeks. The other day, I finally got around to drilling drainage holes in the bottoms of the pots and filing the tops even. After that, I planted some hens and chicks to complete the look. All of the pots are spread out on the ledge of our side porch, where they look great!