Here's the picture I've been promising--the pond with a bunch of rocks around it. It took a little while to get to this point, but I'm still pleased with the progress I have been making.
I don't think I mentioned this before, but I got the plans for the pond from Popular Mechanics. I like to think I'm doing it my way. The plans were definitely a good guide, though.
I finished this phase this evening by putting a bunch of river rock in the crevices and around the edges. Here's the photo:
I like the looks of it. I put the landscape fabric down the other day. The pond will be surrounded by mulch eventually (once I get the hillside landscaped).
Up this weeked: the waterfall.